5 Ways to a Better Butt and Abs
There are exercises that have the ability to target your core and buttocks simultaneously, helping you maximize your workout. Here are some of our top pro tips:
Lie with your back flat on the floor. Bend your right knee and place your heel on the floor. Your left leg should be extended out straight.
- Raise your hips until your body is
- In a bridge like position
- Your left leg should be extended directly straight from the hips
- Keep the motion controlled as you return your hips to the floor
- Keep your left leg lifted
- Crunch your abs raising your upper body and left leg at 45 degrees above the floor
- Your body should be shaped like the letter V
- Place your arms parallel to left leg fully extended reach for your toes, touch them if possible
- Return to your start position, keeping your leg off the ground throughout all reps
Repeat with ten to 15 reps on each side.
Stand placing your feet separated a little wider than hip width. Ensure your feet are turned slightly outward. Place your hands behind your head.
- Complete one controlled squat
- Once back in the standing position shift your weight to the left leg
- Raise your right leg upward toward the side
- Let your right knee and elbow meet creating a controlled side crunch
- Maintain control as you regain your starting position
Repeat in groups of ten on each side for a set. Do three complete sets.
Lay with your stomach to the floor chest slightly lifted. Place your legs and arms stretched straight behind and front of your respectively, they should not touch the floor.
- Lift your chest off the floor as high as possible
- Cross your ankles pulling your feet toward the ceiling
- Control and hold the position while squeezing your glutes
- Bend your arms, holding your elbows back as far as possible
- Return to start
Repeat in groups of ten for one set. Do three sets.
Donkey Side Kick
Start with the tabletop position, modified by lifting your knees slightly above the ground. Your weight should be balanced on your hands and toes.
- Keep your leg bent and flex your right foot
- Raise your right leg making your thigh’s inside parallel to the ground
- Extend leg in a controlled kick
- Return to start
Repeat ten times one side at a time for a set. Do three sets.
This is the only exercise on our list that uses equipment. For maximum resistance we suggest using a loop resistance band around your feet. The exercise is done from a position of all fours with your palms placed flat on the ground.
- Lift your right foot off the ground with a controlled motion.
- Extend your right leg behind you
- Raise it as high as possible without strain
- Do not arch your back
- 2-second hold
- Lower your leg to its starting position
Repeat with 20 reps on each side for one set. Do three sets.
These exercises will help you get the stomach and butt you’ve always wanted. The key is discipline and consistency. Stick with a solid routine, and you will most definitely see results.